This flu fighting tea recipe is an effective way to say “goodbye” the cold and flu. It boosts the immune system and is yummy, too.
- 1 bag good quality organic echinacea tea (optional)
- 3 or 4 thin slices of fresh organic ginger root
- 3 tablespoons organic lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons raw organic honey
- ½ teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon organic ground clove
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- In a large cup of hot filtered water, steep the tea bag and the sliced ginger (you may omit the tea bag if you’d like).
- Add the lemon juice, honey and spices and stir well. The tea will be cloudy.
- If you’d like, you may strain the tea through cheesecloth to remove the ground spices and ginger. At our house, we just drink it as is.