At The LaCava Center, our doctors provide personalized care for cancer by testing your blood and genetics through the Greek test, also known as the R.G.C.C. test. It allows us to analyze cancer stem cells and circulating tumor cells with the help of targeted test results. Based on the test report, we can customize your cancer treatment plan to ensure that every part of it is focused on treating the particular problem, improving the overall outcome.
With the Greek test, we have been able to care for our cancer patients in a timely and effective manner. Over the past decade, our physicians have used R.G.C.C. testing for providing cancer care analysis to our patients and seen significant development, aiding them in cancer survival.
How it Works
Through the groundbreaking developments in the genetic therapy, the Greek test isolates tumors cells in the blood sample, allowing the clinical laboratory professionals to perform culture for deeper diagnosis. They evaluate the sensitivity of the patient to chemotherapy, and create a profile containing useful information regarding the cancer. With the help of results, a customized treatment plan is designed for each patient, instead of using a one-size-fits-all approach for every patient.
Using the results of the Greek test, our medical professionals are able:
- Pinpoint the specific genes contributing to cancer’s growth
- Determine which medication will be most effective for the treatment
- Evaluate which substances can fight off or weaken the cancer cells, and what can be down to retard the cancer growth.
- Design a treatment outline to support conventional oncology treatments for a speedy recovery.
Why is it Called the “Greek” Test?
Research Genetic Cancer Center (R.G.C.C.) is the name of a genetic research laboratory established in Greece that has developed this revolutionary test to help doctors from around the world get useful insights into cancer and find ways to defeat it. They use a patented membrane that captures malignant cells from billions of blood cells, and give a count of those cells. The test gives such specific results that doctors can know the number of malignant cells presents in a milliliter of blood.
The Greek test helps in determining what cancer treatments will prove to be most effective results for a specific type and stage of cancer. After the treatment methods have been identified, the doctor will be able to make changes in the treatment program and administer the techniques which will enhance the chances of success manifold.
Who it is for
The Greek test can be used for diagnosis of several types of patient populations, including:
- Cancer survivors looking for ways to reduce the probability of cancer recurrence in the future.
- People having non-metastatic cancer and want to scrutinize their body for possible metastatic disease.
- People having metastatic cancer looking to find effective treatments for their cancer.
The Benefits of the Greek Test
- It tests the effectiveness of natural substances that may be used in conjunction with traditional oncology treatments for better results.
- It determines the possible cancer cell mutations that may develop proneness to certain therapies.
- It evaluates the feasibility of using chemotherapy medication and the ability of the patient to metabolize them.
- The test is performed directly on the cancer cells present in patient’s blood, instead of a subclone.
- It provides valuable information about without invasive biopsy procedures.
For more information on the Greek test and the associated procedure and costs, you should contact us today to schedule an appointment with our cancer experts. We have a clinic in St. Charles and cater to patients in the surrounding areas and all of Illinois.