Melanie joined the practice in the March of 2015 as the front desk receptionist. Currently, she works as the Assistant Office Administrator. Melanie enjoys meeting new people and socializing. When she is not busy at the office, she can be found spending time with her family and running after her young son. In the off chance that her son isn't giving her a run for her money, she can be found cheering on the Packers during football season or studying for her degree in Criminal Justice. Melanie hopes to one day take the medical knowledge that she has learned at The LaCava Center and utilize it as a crime scene investigator. When she is not working, Melanie can be found cuddling her animals. A few years ago Melanie rescued Mindy, an 80-pound lap dog, who loves to cuddle. A few months ago she took in Lacee, a Shih Tzu who very quickly stole the hearts of the entire family. At 13, Lacee is very relaxed and loves attention from others, especially at the office where there is no shortage of people for her to love and say hi to. Lacee hopes to one day become a certified therapy dog, or to win the doggie lottery by breaking into the family refrigerator where all of her food dreams can come true.
Dr. LaCava Credentials:
- Voted 2015 top 100 Doctors for excellence in Holistic Medicine
- Board certified OB/GYN
- Board eligible in Environmental Medicine
- Over 40 years in private practice
- Personally commended by the Governor of South Carolina for medical excellence
- Licensed Homeopath
Dr. LaCava Memberships:
- International Organization of Integrative Cancer Physicians – Founding Member
- Northwestern Medical School Advisory Board Member (2011-2013), Integrative Medicine Department
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
Dr. LaCava Certifications:
- Advanced Cardiac Life support
- Advanced Trauma Life support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Dr. LaCava Education:
- University of Massachusetts, B.S.
- Northwestern University Medical School, M.D.
- Jefferson University Center for Educational Diplomacy in Homeopathy
- Georgetown University, Intern