It’s believed that frankincense oil transmits messages to the limbic system of the brain, which is known to influence the nervous system. It can help improve circulation and lower symptoms of joint pain or muscle pain related to conditions like arthritis, digestive disorders and even asthma. (2)
Ginger essential oil is also made up of about 90 percent sesquiterpenes, which are defensive agents that have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. (3) The bioactive ingredients in ginger essential oil, especially gingerol, have been thoroughly evaluated clinically, and the research suggests that ginger should be used on a regular basis.
A component of ginger essential oil, called Zingibain, is responsible for the oil’s anti-inflammatory properties. This important component provides pain relief and helps ease muscle aches, arthritis discomfort, migraines and also works as a headache remedy. (4)
Mix all four ingredients into a bowl until well blended. Place this DIY arthritis ointment into a glass jar with a lid for continued use.
Simply massage the ointment in the areas where you feel pain. Use twice daily. You can also take it to your masseuse and ask him or her to use it while performing a mild massage.
DIY Arthritis Ointment with Frankincense, Ginger and Myrrh
- 20–30 drops pure frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops pure ginger essential oil
- 20–30 drops myrrh essential oil
- 4 ounces unrefined coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl until well blended.
- Place into a glass jar with a lid for continued use.
- Massage the ointment in the areas where you feel pain. Use twice daily.