Suzanne LaCava is a Registered Nurse and The LaCava Center's Office Administrator. She has been in nursing for over thirty years working primarily as a trauma specialist in the Emergency Room. With a long standing interest in integrative and environmental medicine, Suzanne began working in the area of environmental medicine ten years ago and has developed a particular expertise in allergy testing, intravenous therapies and nutritional counseling. She is a member of the American Association of Emergency Room Nurses and an associate member of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine. Suzanne is a graduate of The James Ward Thorne School of Nursing of Northwestern Memorial Hospital and is currently a Masters Degree Candidate at Capital University of Integrative Medicine. She received her Trauma Nurse Specialist Diploma from the State of Illinois, and most recently renewed her Trauma Nurse Core Course certification in Savannah, Ga. She is certified by the American Heart Association in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Basic Disaster Life Support and CPR.
Dr. LaCava’s Credentials:
- Voted 2015 top 100 Doctors for excellence in Holistic Medicine
- Board certified OB/GYN
- Board eligible in Environmental Medicine
- Over 40 years in private practice
- Personally commended by the Governor of South Carolina for medical excellence
- Licensed Homeopath
Dr. LaCava’s Memberships:
- International Organization of Integrative Cancer Physicians – Founding Member
- Northwestern Medical School Advisory Board Member (2011-2013), Integrative Medicine Department
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
Dr. LaCava’s Certifications:
- Advanced Cardiac Life support
- Advanced Trauma Life support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Dr. LaCava’s Education:
- University of Massachusetts, B.S.
- Northwestern University Medical School, M.D.
- Jefferson University Center for Educational Diplomacy in Homeopathy
- Georgetown University, Intern